Brain Injury Attorney Near Me
Brain injuries are among the most serious types of bodily harm and, unfortunately, they are more common than you expect. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, brain injuries were a contributing factor in almost 50,000 deaths in 2013. Plus, around 2.5 million people visit the emergency room for brain injuries every year.
If you were hurt in an accident and suffered brain injuries, you need a dedicated Chicago personal injury lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve under Illinois law. Please contact Michael T. Friedman & Associates to schedule a free consultation, and read on for more information on our legal services for victims of brain injuries.
How Brain Injuries Happen
Accidents are typically the result of negligence, which means you must prove that a breach of duty was the direct cause of your injuries. Our brain injury lawyers handle cases involving all types of negligent acts, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Motorists have a duty to drive safely, but many still speed, text, drive drunk, and engage in other dangerous conduct.
- Injuries from Dangerous Conditions on Property: Illinois property owners must keep the premises safe for guests, visitors, and others. When hazardous conditions on property lead to a brain injury, victims have rights.
- Medical Malpractice: We trust healthcare practitioners with our lives, but they can also be careless in providing treatment, writing prescriptions, performing surgery, or diagnosing medical conditions.
- Defective Products: When manufacturers make mistakes in producing a product, defects can cause serious injuries to users. However, products liability is strict liability, so you do not need to prove fault if you suffer a brain injury.
- Workplace Accidents: If you are injured at work, filing a claim for workers’ compensation is usually the only remedy. Still, there are exceptions that allow you to file a claim for brain injuries. A personal injury lawyer can help you determine the best course of action.
Compensation in a Brain Injury Claim
The brain is responsible for every function and system in the human body. Head injuries can impact any one of them, in varying degrees of severity. For victims, brain injuries almost always result in higher medical bills, more severe pain and suffering, and longer recovery periods. You could be out of work for an extended time period and may even suffer permanent disability.
Fortunately, Illinois law allows you to obtain compensation for these losses. Our brain injury attorneys at Michael T. Friedman & Associates can help you recover for:
- Costs of medical treatment, procedures, and prescriptions;
- Lost wages, if you cannot work because of brain injuries;
- Pain and suffering; and,
- Many other types of damages.
Contact an Experienced Brain Injury Lawyer About Your Rights
If you sustained brain injuries, it is critical to retain a skilled attorney who can assist with recovering the compensation you deserve. Filing a claim with an insurance company is a complex process, and going to court to enforce your rights is even more complicated. With the help of a knowledgeable lawyer, you are in a better position to get full compensation available under Illinois law. Our legal team at Michael T. Friedman & Associates will fight for your rights, so please contact our Chicago office to schedule a free consultation today.