Car Accident Injury Lawyer Near Me
A split second is all it takes for someone else’s negligent driving to cause a serious car accident. If you are an injured victim, your life could change forever. It could take months or years for you to recover from your injuries. The impact upon your family, household, and quality of life can be devastating.
Illinois law does allow you to recover compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial tolls you endure as the victim of an auto crash. With the help of a Chicago car accident injury lawyer at Michael T. Friedman & Associates, you can feel confident that your claim is in good hands. Please contact our office to schedule a free consultation, and take time to review some important information.
Statistics on Car Accidents
Data collected by the Illinois Department of Transportation reveals the shocking frequency of car accidents throughout the state. In 2016, there were 324,473 crashes across the Land of Lincoln. Around half of them occurred in Cook County, at just under 165,000. Plus:
- Speed was a contributing factor in crashes throughout Illinois. Excessive speed was involved in 33.2% of fatal accidents and 37.8% of collisions causing injuries.
- Environmental conditions do not have a significant impact on vehicle crashes, as almost 90% occurred in dry weather and around half happened during daylight hours.
- Based on IDOT’s statistics, more than 10 people were hurt every hour during 2016.
- Urban environments like Chicago and the surrounding areas are the hardest hit by auto crashes, especially during rush hour. From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., there were 74.571 accidents.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
In general, the size, weight, and speed of the vehicles are the primary factors for car accident injuries. However, there are other considerations. The difference in size is important, such as when comparing a semi truck to a passenger vehicle or a car to a bicycle. Victims frequently suffer such injuries as:
- Head injuries, concussion, and traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- Spinal cord, back, and neck injuries;
- Broken bones, lacerations, and abrasions;
- Damage to internal organs;
- Whiplash and soft tissue injuries;
- Scarring; and,
- Many more.
You May be Entitled to Compensation for Car Accident Injuries
Illinois law recognizes that your losses are considerable, so you do have options to seek compensation. Our car accident attorneys at Michael T. Friedman & Associates will enforce your rights, which usually starts by filing a claim with the responsible driver’s insurance company. You may be entitled to recover for your:
- Medical costs;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering; and,
- Other types of damages.
Note, however, that the Illinois statute of limitations places a time restriction on your claim. You must file a lawsuit in court within two years after your auto crash to recover compensation, or your claim is forever barred.
Set up a Free Consultation with a Chicago Car Accident Injury Lawyer Today
For more information on your rights and legal remedies, please contact the legal team at Michael T. Friedman & Associates. We are happy to schedule a no-cost case assessment to review your circumstances and explain your legal remedies.