Chicago Eye Injury Attorneys Fighting for Victims
Vision is one of our most significant senses, so eye injuries that affect your ability to see can be extremely traumatic. An accident can cause temporary or permanent loss of vision, and affect one or both eyes. Due to their delicate, highly complex physiology, treating eye injuries is quite expensive. You may incur astronomical medical costs and may be out of work due to your condition. Plus, the implications for other aspects of your life are seriously impaired. You may not be able to drive or get around without assistance and cannot enjoy some of your favorite activities.
Illinois law does allow you to recover compensation for your losses if someone else’s negligence caused your eye injuries. The first step to succeeding on such a claim is retaining knowledgeable, compassionate personal injury attorneys to represent you. Our Chicago, IL eye injury lawyers at Michael T. Friedman & Associates have extensive experience in these cases, having serving Northern Illinois victims since 1992. We can determine your legal options against the party responsible for your injuries, and will fight for your right to compensation.
Common Eye Injury Scenarios
The American Academy of Ophthalmology estimates that 2.4 million eye injuries occur in the US every year, and many of them are a result of:
- Household Products: Dangerous cleaning substances and chemicals that fail to include a proper warning about usage can cause burns or other types of eye trauma. Plus, home appliances, utensils, tools, and similar products may contain hazardous defects. Household products cause around 125,000 eye injuries in the US every year.
- Work-Related Accidents: Hazards are inherent in certain work environments, but many employers fail to ensure the safety of their employees. Between 10 and 20 percent of all work-related eye injuries cause temporary or permanent loss of vision.
- Car Accidents: One of the primary sources of eye injuries in auto crashes is the deployment of an airbag, which strikes the victim’s face. However, other causes include flying debris, broken glass, and, objects that enter through the windshield.
- Blows to the Head: Any accident that causes a blow to the head can lead to Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Though there may not be a direct strike to the eye area, the impact can affect the occipital lobe at the mid-back of the brain, leading to blurred vision, spatial perception problems, visual acuity, and degenerative brain conditions.
Pursue Your Right to Compensation
Considering the grave impact upon your life caused by an eye injury, the stakes are high in recovering compensation for your losses. Our lawyers will aggressively pursue the responsible party and/or insurance company to obtain damages related to:
- Your medical costs;
- Pain and suffering;
- Lost wages;
- The emotional distress you experience as a result of losing your vision; and,
- Other losses allowed by Illinois law.
Trust a Chicago, IL Eye Injury Attorney to Protect Your Interests
Eye injuries can be life-changing, so it is important to work with a skilled attorney who will ensure you get the highest level of compensation allowed by law. If you would like to schedule a free consultation to review your legal options, please contact the Chicago, IL office of Michael T. Friedman & Associates at 312-339-8816 or visit our website.