Lincolnshire Auto Accident Lawyer
Lincolnshire, Illinois has a population of just over 7,000. However, like all communities, it still sees its fair share of auto accidents. The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) reports that more than 200 collisions occurred in the town in 2014, resulting in at least 85 injuries. In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash, you need to contact an experienced Lincolnshire auto accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your lawyer will be able to review your claim and help you get started with the injury claims process.
Auto Accident Liability
In Illinois, auto accident liability is based on the negligence standard. To hold a party liable for your damages, you will need to prove that their failure to take proper care contributed to your injuries. What constitutes proper care? It depends entirely on the circumstances of a specific situation. In some cases, negligence is undisputed. For example, if you were injured by a driver running a red light, and it was caught on camera, then their negligence is clear and there is unlikely to be a dispute. However, in many other cases, intense battles over negligence arise. If there are any questions regarding fault in your case, you need be sure to get an aggressive attorney involved immediately. Illinois is a comparative fault state, which means that if you are blamed for any part of your own accident, your financial compensation will be reduced accordingly.
Compensation for Injured Victims
Illinois car accident victims have a legal right to compensation that accounts for the full extent of their damages. Our Lincolnshire car accident attorneys will help you fight for every dollar that is rightfully yours. Specifically, we will help you seek recovery for:
- Your medical bills;
- Rehabilitation related expenses;
- Required mental health treatment;
- Lost current and future wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability; and
- Loss of limb.
How to Handle the Insurance Company
An insurance company will not be looking out for your bests interests. These big companies are looking for ways to reduce your settlement offer and limit your recovery. It is imperative that you are ready to deal with insurance adjusters. Below, we have provided three important quick tips for dealing with the insurance company:
- Take your time: You are allowed to take some time to gather your thoughts before speaking to an insurance adjuster. Do not let insurance adjusters pressure you into giving a statement before you are ready to do so.
- Never admit fault: You are not in the best position to determine who is at-fault for an accident. That is a job for your attorney. Do not let an insurance adjuster or opposing driver bully you into accepting blame.
- Do not speculate: Always stick strictly to the facts regarding your case. Never give any opinions and never speculate about any aspect of your accident or your injuries.
Request Your Free Case Evaluation Today
At Michael T. Friedman & Associates, our Lincolnshire car accident attorneys have helped many Illinois victims obtain the full and fair compensation they rightfully deserve. To set up your free, no-obligation initial consultation please call our office today at 312-339-8816 or contact us online.