Truck Accident Attorney By Me
With Illinois Route 53 running right through it, Rolling Meadows is traversed by large trucks on a daily basis. While these trucks are crucial to the economy, they also pose risks for drivers. If you are involved in an accident with a large truck in Rolling Meadows, our legal team is here to represent you.
Top Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents occur because someone makes a mistake, an error, or fails to act with a reasonable amount of care. With the exception of accidents that are caused by animals or debris in the road, or adverse weather conditions, that could not be predicted, nearly all truck accidents are preventable. Some of the top causes of truck accidents in Rolling Meadows and surrounding areas include:
- Truck driver negligence. When a truck driver fails to operate their vehicle responsibly, the risk of truck accident is presented. Examples of truck driver negligence include taking a turn too fast, speeding, driving while fatigued or intoxicated, driving aggressively, or other types of aggressive driving.
- Trucking company negligence. Trucking companies may be to blame for truck accidents when they fail to take reasonable measures to prevent an accident from occurring, such as properly training drivers, ensuring that drivers do not drive more than hours of service limits, and maintaining trucks.
- Trailer truck loaders. Most large trucks are carrying heavy items in the forms of products and goods, industrial materials, etc. These items must be loaded and secured in a manner that is safe, and prevents the items from shifting while in transit. A cargo shift can be devastating, leading to a trailer tip-over accidents.
- Manufacturers. Finally, those who manufacture trucks and truck parts, ranging from tires to engines to brakes, have a duty to ensure that products are designed and manufactured free from defects. A defective part, such as faulty tire tread, could lead to a crash.
We Dig Deep to Determine Liability
The above causes of accidents provide a look into how complicated truck accidents have the potential to be. Because the cause of an accident may not be obvious, our experienced Rolling Meadows attorneys dig deep to get to the bottom of what caused your truck accident and who is to blame. We do this by:
- Requesting copies of, and reviewing, police accident reports;
- Interviewing eyewitnesses;
- Reviewing the truck driver’s hours of service log;
- Hiring vehicle design experts;
- Working with accident reconstruction experts;
- Analyzing ECM “black box” data; and
- Pieces together evidence gained at the scene.
Our investigative team is the best in the business, and is ready to get to work to determine exactly what happened.
Prepared to Fight for You in and out of the Courtroom
Our team is prepared to fight for your rights both in and out of the courtroom. Our goal is to do everything we can to settle your case out of court, which saves you time and money in legal and court fees. However, our job is to get you every penny that you deserve – if this isn’t possible through investigations alone, we will take your case to court where we can litigate for an award that addresses the full extent of your losses.
Our attorneys are ready to work for you. We have 25 years’ worth of experience, and know what it takes to pursue a successful claim. Contact us today for your free, no obligation, consultation.