Injured Woman Files Suit Against The Estate of Man Who Caused Accident

Injured Woman Files Suit Against The Estate of Man Who Caused Accident

When you are injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by someone else who acted negligently or recklessly, you might decide to pursue a personal injury claim or lawsuit against that person. To do this, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer to help you determine whether or not you have a solid case. If you do have a case, then an attorney will help you with all the necessary legal steps to pursue compensation. However, what happens if you are hurt in an auto accident and the person who caused the accident dies in the crash? Can you still do anything to recover damages after that person dies? The answer is yes.

A woman from Sugar Grove has filed a lawsuit against the estate of a man who was responsible for an auto accident that left both her and her children with injuries. The woman claims that the man, who was the electrical superintendent for the city of Geneva, as well as the city, was negligent. The suit claims that neither party did enough to secure the safety of others when the crash occurred. The accident happened when the electrical superintendent drove through a stop sign and was subsequently hit by the vehicle the woman was driving. The man was killed in the crash and the woman and her two children riding with her were injured.

According to the lawsuit, the woman is seeking unspecified damages for injuries described as “severe” and “permanent.” She is also seeking compensation for medical expenses and for “an inability to attend to her ordinary affairs and duties.” The lawsuit also names the city of Geneva as a defendant and claims that the city had the responsibility to ensure that the electrical superintendent exercised care and caution. The lawsuit claims that the man was not only careless when he ran the stop sign, but also that he was speeding at the time of the accident.

This is an unfortunate accident for all those involved. While some people might question suing the estate of a deceased individual, those who were injured the crash are still suffering from this deceased driver’s actions. Therefore, anyone who is hurt in an auto accident should speak with a Chicago personal injury lawyer to see if he or she is eligible for compensation, even if the responsible party died in the accident. At the Law Offices of Michael T. Friedman & Associates, PC we fight for the victims’ rights in auto accidents. Please contact us today at 312-339-8816 or get in touch with us online.



Text Us