A Respected Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer Assists with Challenging Medical Malpractice Claims in Illinois
Holding negligent healthcare professionals accountable with the help of a Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When a doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional makes a key error, it often results in unnecessary pain and suffering and disability for the patient. To help hold these professionals accountable for their mistakes, meet with a knowledgeable Chicago Medical Malpractice Lawyer at Michael T. Friedman & Associates in Chicago. We have years of experience with these challenging injury claims, and we understand the impact that medical malpractice can have on you and your family. To consult a skilled legal team with a history of success, work with us today.
Medical malpractice takes many different forms
There are many ways in which a doctor or other healthcare professional may be negligent, resulting in significant injuries or worsened medical conditions for patients. The following are some of the most common issues:
- Misdiagnosis: Physicians must fully leverage their training and education to make diagnoses that are as accurate as possible. This is not to say that they must be perfect in their diagnosis, only that they must do everything in their power to correctly assess your condition.
- Delayed diagnosis: When doctors fail to make diagnoses in a timely manner, they risk worsening their patients’ conditions — sometimes resulting in an unnecessary death. This is a fairly common issue when it comes to cancer, where time is of the essence when it comes to making a diagnosis.
- Birth injuries: Complications during the birthing process can leave children dealing with conditions like Erb’s palsy and cerebral palsy. It’s up to physicians to immediately recognize these complications and take the necessary steps to avoid serious birth injuries to both the infant and mother.
- Surgical errors: Mistakes during surgical procedures include making the wrong incisions, operating on the wrong part of the body and performing an incorrect procedure. These issues are quite serious and often result in critical injuries and illnesses for the patient.
- Prescription errors: Doctors and pharmacists must exercise care when prescribing and issuing medications to patients, taking into account allergies and any other medications an individual is taking at the same time.
In Illinois, there is a statute of limitations of two years in place, so you have a limited amount of time to move forward with a medical malpractice claim. This time period begins when the injury first occurs, or when you first feel the effects of an injury or illness a negligent healthcare professional has caused. At our personal injury law firm, we have the experience to examine your case and inform you of your best options moving forward.
Meet with a compassionate medical malpractice attorney in Chicago
To learn more about your legal options for a medical malpractice claim, turn to an experienced Chicago lawyer at Michael T. Friedman & Associates. Our office is located in The Loop, with convenient parking and access to public transportation. We also take cases on a contingency basis, so you pay no attorney’s fees unless you recover monetary damages. To set up a free initial consultation, call 312-339-8816 or contact us online today