Chicago Hearing Loss Attorney
Hearing Loss Victims Need a Skilled Chicago Injury Attorney
Deafness can be the result of heredity, genetics, or age, but it’s also common for victims to suffer hearing loss due to various types of accidents. If your hearing is affected by the careless or negligent actions of another person, the impact on your ability to communicate is extreme. You may be temporarily or permanently unable to work or interact with your environment, and the enjoyment of sound is taken away from you.
Representing Clients Throughout the Chicago Area
Victims of hearing loss do have rights under Illinois law, but the key to recovering compensation for your losses is retaining a knowledgeable injury attorney right away. The lawyers at Michael T. Friedman & Associates understand that hearing loss can affect multiple aspects of your life, both personal and professional. We’re dedicated to protecting your interests and obtaining the compensation you deserve after suffering loss of hearing.
Considerations on Hearing Loss Injuries
A car crash, workplace incident, or other type of incident may lead to different types of hearing loss as defined by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association:
- Conductive: A component of the ear is not able to send sound waves to the ear drum;
- Sensorineural: The incident damages the inner ear, central nerve, or portion of the brain that processes sound; and,
- Mixed Hearing Loss: The victim suffers from a combination of conductive and sensorineural factors.
These three types of hearing loss conditions may be caused by:
- Loud Noises: A workplace or car accident may cause sound vibrations, which damage the ear drum and cause permanent or temporary damage;
- Sustained Decibels: Industrial environments often require use of machinery that continually operations at a high decibel level. Without proper ear protection, a victim’s hearing may be permanently affected;
- Ear Drum Injury: In some types of accidents, tiny, sharp pieces of debris may become airborne and cause damage to the ear drum.
- Cochlear Damage: A victim of a traumatic brain injury or other head trauma can sustain damage to the cochlea, a spiral-shaped structure that delivers auditory messages to the auditory nerve.
Your Right to Recover Compensation
As a victim, you may seek compensation for losses that result from your ear injuries, such as:
- Any lost income due to your inability to work;
- Pain and suffering;
- The impact upon your relationships with spouse, children, and loved ones; and,
- The effects on your quality of life, as hearing plays a significant role in your enjoyment of music, movies, conversations, and other types of entertainment.
A Chicago Injury Lawyer Can Help with Hearing Loss Cases
There are a number of different causes that may lead to hearing loss, and you may be entitled to compensation if there’s negligence involved with your injury. At Michael T. Friedman & Associates, our attorneys fight to ensure you recover for your damages, just as we’ve been advocating on behalf of hearing loss victims in Chicago for more than 20 years. There is no charge for our legal services unless you recover compensation, so please contact us online today to schedule a free consultation. You can also call us directly at 312-339-8816 for more information.