Victims of Industrial Accidents Need a Dedicated Chicago Injury Attorney
Employers in Illinois are obligated to provide a safe workplace for workers, which requires them to comply with regulations established by the federal and state Occupational Safety and Health Administrations. The failure to meet these standards can lead to industrial accidents, causing severe injuries to employees.
Two Decades of Experience in Tough Injury Cases
At Michael T. Friedman & Associates, our knowledgeable lawyers have represented the interests of many victims of industrial accidents in Chicago, assisting them in obtaining compensation for their losses. Time is of the essence in these types of cases, so it’s important to discuss your situation with one of our attorneys right away if you’ve been hurt in an on-the-job incident.
State and Federal Regulations Governing Industry
OSHA covers almost any topical area related to workplace injuries and unsafe working conditions. While they may vary depending on the sector, some of the common regulations that apply to general industry include provisions regarding:
- Exposure to biological agents that may cause medical conditions;
- Chemical substances, including the preparation, handling, testing, and training of workers;
- Walking and working surfaces, and the potentially hazardous conditions that may be present upon them;
- Protections from workers falling or having objects fall upon employees;
- Precautions in the event of an emergency, including making sure workers can easily evacuate without undue obstacles that prevent escape.
- Safety in factory and warehouse environments, such as rules on maintaining, inspecting, and operating equipment; and,
- Ergonomics for office workers, who can sustain severe injuries from repetitive tasks and suffer chronic conditions due to sitting for long periods of time;
You Have Rights to Compensation as a Victim of an Industrial Accident
The law provides you with options if you’re injured on the job due to your employer’s negligence or failure to comply with standards established under federal and state law. The basis for your claim to compensation is that your employer breached his or her duty to keep the workplace safe for employees, leading to an accident that caused your injuries. You may be able to recover compensation for such losses as:
- Medical expenses, including the costs of surgery, rehabilitation, occupational therapy, and other treatment;
- Lost wages for the time you’re out of work;
- Pain and suffering; and,
- Other types of losses, depending on your situation.
An Experienced Industrial Accidents Lawyer Can Help
Personal injury claims involving workplace injuries are among the most complicated cases, which is why you need an experienced attorney to help you recover the compensation you deserve. The attorneys at Michael T. Friedman & Associates are on your side, assisting you in pursuing an employer whose negligence caused your injuries. We’ve been fighting on behalf of Chicago industrial accident victims for more than 20 years, and we don’t charge for our legal services unless you win your case. Please contact us online to set up a free initial consultation or call us direct at 312-339-8816.